If you have a Fountain Podcaster Wallet, you can manage splits for your podcast from within the app. You can set the default split settings for your show or customise the splits for each episode. Once you have claimed your show on Fountain, you have two ways of adding a split:
1. Add Fountain User: You can search for any Fountain user and share earnings from your podcast with them! After you've added them, a card will appear in their Wallet so they can see their earnings and any Boost messages.
2. Add Node Pubkey: Send your earnings to directly any public Lightning Node. Setting up splits this way means the recipient won't see the same data as they would in Fountain. This is a great way to support a good causes, such as an open source project. For example, you can support OpenSats by adding their node.
How to manage show splits
- Go to your show page and press the Lightning icon
- Press splits to see your current settings for your show
- Press Manage Show Splits to change the settings
- Press Add Fountain User, search for their name and select them
- Press the edit icon to adjust the percentage of your show income you want to give away
- If you are adding a Node Pubkey, simply name the split (e.g. Jane's Node), add the correct Lightning Node Pubkey and adjust the percentage split
- Click Update Show Splits when you're finished making changes
How to manage episode splits
- Go to any episode and press the Lightning icon
- Press splits to see your current settings for that episode
- Press Manage Show Splits to change the settings and follow the same steps as above